California Residents Privacy Notice (“California Notice”)
The privacy notice and this notice for California residents were last reviewed on October 20, 2020.
THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT.
The provisions in this California Notice are intended to fulfill the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA“) and shall apply to those who are resident in California.
The terms used in this privacy notice and the California Notice which are defined in the CCPA will have the definitions as provided in the CCPA. The term “personal information,” “your information” or other similar uses implying private information belonging to you as used in the privacy notice and this California Notice include “Personal Information” as defined in the CCPA. All other capitalized terms have the meaning provided in the privacy notice.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The categories of personal information that we may have collected in the last 12 months are described in “WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT” of the privacy notice and, for the purposes of the CCPA, correspond to the following categories of Personal Information listed in the CCPA:
- identifiers and personal information categories referenced in applicable California law (name, alias, signature, postal address, phone number, date of birth, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, IP address, state identification number, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers);
- protected classification characteristics under California or US federal law (age, race, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information, and other descriptions of your physical characteristics);
- commercial information (policy coverage information, premiums, account name, policy number, payment history, driving record, claims history, credit information, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, bank account or credit card number or other payment or financial information, medical information or health insurance information, professional or employment-related information, education records such as grades or transcripts, or family member information, or other information necessary for us to process the Services);
- biometric information (fingerprint, voice print, retinal print, scan of hand or facial geometry, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information);
- internet or other similar network activity (browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction of the Site, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our Site or accessing our Services, browser type, internet service provider, cookies, mobile device information, and any other network activity used to access the Services);
- geo-location data where the IP address of your computer or device is used to determine your geographic location so that we can customize your experience on the Site or for our Services (e.g. physical location); and
- inferences drawn from other personal information.
PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We will not process your personal information for purposes which are materially different, unrelated, or incompatible with the purposes set out in the privacy notice without providing you notice.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
In the last 12 months, to the extent that we have your personal information, we have only disclosed this personal information to third parties for business purposes or with your consent.
SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
In the last 12 months, we have not sold your personal information to third parties.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA.
California residents may have the following rights under the CCPA in addition to the rights set out in the privacy notice. Under the CCPA, you are only entitled to exercise these rights twice a year. These rights do not apply to all of your information collected by us, such as your information that is subject to certain federal or state laws. Additionally, the rights set out in this section do not apply to personal information collected from our employees as part of their employment with us or personal information collected as part of a business-to-business transaction.
- Access: Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following to you:
- the categories of your personal information and the specific personal information that we have collected;
- the categories of sources we used to collect your personal information;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, and where such third parties received your personal information from us for a business purpose, the categories of your personal information that we disclosed to such third parties.
- Deletion: Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will, and will direct our service providers to whom we have disclosed your personal information to, delete your personal information, unless an exception under the CCPA applies.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in this section, please contact us in writing (see HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY). You must include your full name, mailing address, and policy number (if applicable), in addition to the rights you are exercising and which information you are exercising your rights on. Please also state that you are requesting access pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act. We will do our best to respond promptly to any request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Specifically, unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you access to Services or the Site;
- charge you different prices or rates for the Services, or impose penalties on you;
- provide you with a different level or quality of Services; or
- suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for, or a different level or quality of, Services generally provided by us.